`Klose deserves Germany record` - Gerd Muller
Legendary striker Gerd Muller believes that Germany forward Miroslav Klose deserves to break his international goalscoring record.
The Lazio attacker, 34, is one goal shy of equalling the tally of 68 set by the Bayern Munich icon, which has stood for 39 years.
Ahead of Germany`s friendly with USA - who are coached by another former Germany striker, Jurgen Klinsmann - this weekend, Muller praised Klose`s character and insisted that his compatriot has earned the accolade.
"It has long since just been a matter of time before he breaks my record, I am pleased for him," the 67-year-old known as der Bomber told SID.
"Miro is a great striker and a great guy, who I met a few times when he played for Bayern Munich. He`s deserved it."
Joachim Low`s men head into the friendly with Klinsmann`s side on the back of a 4-2 win over Ecuador, in which Lukas Podolski scored after just nine seconds.
Klose joined up with the Mannschaft squad after the Biancocelesti`s Coppa Italia win on Sunday and is expected to feature in the USA clash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport