`Klose deserves Germany record` - Gerd Muller
Legendary striker Gerd Muller believes that Germany forward Miroslav Klose deserves to break his international goalscoring record.
The Lazio attacker, 34, is one goal shy of equalling the tally of 68 set by the Bayern Munich icon, which has stood for 39 years.
Ahead of Germany`s friendly with USA - who are coached by another former Germany striker, Jurgen Klinsmann - this weekend, Muller praised Klose`s character and insisted that his compatriot has earned the accolade.
"It has long since just been a matter of time before he breaks my record, I am pleased for him," the 67-year-old known as der Bomber told SID.
"Miro is a great striker and a great guy, who I met a few times when he played for Bayern Munich. He`s deserved it."
Joachim Low`s men head into the friendly with Klinsmann`s side on the back of a 4-2 win over Ecuador, in which Lukas Podolski scored after just nine seconds.
Klose joined up with the Mannschaft squad after the Biancocelesti`s Coppa Italia win on Sunday and is expected to feature in the USA clash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi