`Shy` Giggs giving no thought on Man Utd future
Johannesburg: Manchester United interim manager Ryan Giggs is resolute that he has given no further thought of taking charge of the club full-time despite the squad squashing Norwich City 4-0 in the first match under the footballer`s guidance.
Striker Wayne Rooney, who scored two goals besides substitute Juan Mata`s two to inspire United to their largest home league victory of a disastrous Premier League title defence, after the match instantly declared that he would welcome teammate Giggs` appointment to be the club`s permanent manager.
However, Giggs refused to comment on whether he would like to take charge of United on a full-time basis and said that he is just looking forward to the club`s next clash against Sunderland on May 3, Sport24 reported.
Giggs said the Sunderland clash is where his focus and concentration is on, adding that he is not looking any further ahead than that at United.
United supporters, however, granted Giggs an emotional welcome, which reportedly left the club owners, the Glazer family, in no doubt that the Welshman would be a popular appointment at Old Trafford.
Giggs said that the reception by United fans had been great, adding that he felt so proud on receiving such a great reaction form the fans.
Giggs, who has played 962 games and won 25 major trophies in his glittering career at United, has now even tasted victory as the club`s manager, the report added.
Meanwhile, Giggs has not yet been appointed as the long-term manager at United, with Netherlands national team boss Louis van Gaal remaining a strong favourite for the post to succeed sacked David Moyes , the report further added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry