`Special One` Mourinho turns into `Happy One` with Chelsea comeback
London: New Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has said that he is now calm, relaxed and happy, although adding that expectations are higher from him this time given his capability.
Mourinho breezed back into Stamford Bridge with `the Special One` transformed into `the Happy One` and, having been overlooked by Manchester United and Manchester City, claimed that his second coming at Chelsea represented `the only job he wanted to have`.
Stressing that he has bought into Chelsea`s hierarchical structure and recruitment policy, the former Real Madrid boss said that he would not change the job even if he had every other job in the football world as options, adding that he knows that he has an increased responsibility towards Chelsea despite coming back to a side where he was happy and had the love of the fans.
Stating that he is more stable and mature, Mourinho insisted that he had signed up to a long-term project and is willing to stay at the club beyond the length of his deal, adding that he does not fear for his position should he fail to deliver the Premier League title in his first season, as he had in his glittering first spell at the club.
The Portuguese further said that he intended to make only slight tweaks to the squad to fall in with the club`s adopted strategy which focuses increasingly upon recruiting potential in the transfer market, adding that he will speak with every member face to face only upon their return for pre-season training next month.
Mourinho also Insisted that the five players who worked with him in his first spell will not benefit from `any privileges`.
Mourinho arrives after a fractious and trophy-less third season with Real, and with little interest having been expressed in his availability at Old Trafford or the Etihad Stadium, had prompted suggestions he needs Chelsea as much as the Europa League winners need him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram