`Title holders` Bayern `wary` of `dangerous` Man U ahead of CL quarter-final clash
Johannesburg: Defending champions Bayern Munich are reportedly wary of Manchester United and feel that the Old Trafford side can be `dangerous` opponents ahead of their upcoming Champions League quarter-final against David Moyes` men.
Munich`s sporting director Matthias Sammer is looking forward to the upcoming match and has said that it is a very exciting draw against an opponent who is fighting for stability in their championship as well as in the Champions League.
According to Sport24, however, Sammer said that United has shown in the past that they are capable of big things and Munich has to show their rivals `respect` adding that on a good day, United remains capable of playing at a very high level.
Sammer also added that it is upto the Bundesliga leaders to make sure that United do not have `two good days`, as it is `feasible but dangerous`.
The two teams have clashed nine times in the Champions League action, most recent being the 2010 quarter-finals when Munich held on to oust United on away goals after a 4-4 aggregate draw, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Apple buys health startup founded by Indian-origin duo
- SHOCKING! This film director wants to 'spit' on PV Sindhu's achievement in Rio Olympics
- Prakash Javadekar commits a blooper, says Jawaharlal Nehru, Sardar Patel, Subhas Chandra Bose were hanged
- Absconding rape accused AISA leader Anmol Ratan to apply for anticipatory bail
- Silly to have advertised my Chevalier award: Kamal Haasan