`Ultras` handed jail terms following 2003 fan death
Milan: Eight `ultra` fans of Serie A club Napoli were handed jail terms ranging from three to nine years in relation to the death of a 19-year-old supporter at a game in 2003, according to reports.
Napoli fan Sergio Ercolano died on September 20, 2003, after falling from a stand at Avellino`s Partenio Stadium when he attempted to escape as hordes of Napoli fans moved to attack their rivals.
The eight fans were charged with "rioting and destruction" at the game, known as the `Campania Derby`. A ninth accused was acquitted.
It was the third stage in a long legal process which has already seen several other fans, around 100 in total, sentenced for their indirect role in the death of Ercolano.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP's tally rises to 82 after Atul Shah wins in lottery, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis hails PM Modi's clean governance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results LIVE: BJP registers emphatic win; PM Narendra Modi says it's a great start to 2017
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17