`Winner` Fergie reveals secret to success at Man U!
London: Former Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson has said that from the moment he came to the club, he only thought of building a football side right from the bottom, and that it was very difficult to survive as a manager in the current era.
According to The Guardian, Ferguson expressed that he set high standards for United and had to lift player expectations, along with never giving in.
The former manager said that superstars with egos was not that big a problem as people thought because winning always massaged their egos as was the case with Ronaldo, Beckham, Giggs and Scholes.
The legend said that winning was his nature and there was no other option for him, adding that even if the team won 3-2, it was a fantastic feeling for him
Ferguson said that he had to adapt to new changes in the game as there were no agents during his time and the media did not elevate players to the level of film stars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32
- Not everything they taught you in science was true - 10 myths debunked in this 3-min VIDEO!
- Home Minister level talks: India, Bangladesh resolve to fight terrorism together
- Ukraine at UN says Putin's Crimea decree 'null and void'
- Evening showers bring Gurugram to a grinding halt
- J&K govt to provide support for smooth functioning of schools