2013 Asian Beach Soccer Cup kicks off in China
Jinan (China): The 2013 Asian Beach Soccer Cup kicked off in Haiyang, host city of the third Asian Beach Games in eastern China`s Shandong Province.
China, Australia, Thailand, United Arab Emirates and Vietnam are competing in the four-day event, reports Xinhua.
Australia crushed Vietnam 7-2 in the opener on Thursday.
Australian forward Silva, who scored twice, said: "We started a bit slow, then we picked up a little bit, the passing got sharper, but it`s just the first game, we have a long trip."
In the other group, hosts China will take on Thailand Friday. Wan Chao, captain of the Chinese beach soccer team said: "Thailand has improved a lot in recent years, featuring small-size, speedy and flexibility. However, we expect a good start with a victory."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Man held for raping 5-year-old girl, torturing 2-yr old sibling
- BSP workers abusing Dayashankar's wife, daughter: BJP
- Kabali movie review: Rajinikanth is the driving force in this otherwise trite tale!
- AN-32 aircraft with 29 aboard missing; Indian Air Force intensifies search operation
- Milo Yiannopoulos Twitter ban: WikiLeaks threatens to start its own micro-blogging service