2013 Asian Beach Soccer Cup kicks off in China
Jinan (China): The 2013 Asian Beach Soccer Cup kicked off in Haiyang, host city of the third Asian Beach Games in eastern China`s Shandong Province.
China, Australia, Thailand, United Arab Emirates and Vietnam are competing in the four-day event, reports Xinhua.
Australia crushed Vietnam 7-2 in the opener on Thursday.
Australian forward Silva, who scored twice, said: "We started a bit slow, then we picked up a little bit, the passing got sharper, but it`s just the first game, we have a long trip."
In the other group, hosts China will take on Thailand Friday. Wan Chao, captain of the Chinese beach soccer team said: "Thailand has improved a lot in recent years, featuring small-size, speedy and flexibility. However, we expect a good start with a victory."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Analysing the murder mystery of Sheena Bora case- Part II
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack