2013 Asian Beach Soccer Cup kicks off in China
Jinan (China): The 2013 Asian Beach Soccer Cup kicked off in Haiyang, host city of the third Asian Beach Games in eastern China`s Shandong Province.
China, Australia, Thailand, United Arab Emirates and Vietnam are competing in the four-day event, reports Xinhua.
Australia crushed Vietnam 7-2 in the opener on Thursday.
Australian forward Silva, who scored twice, said: "We started a bit slow, then we picked up a little bit, the passing got sharper, but it`s just the first game, we have a long trip."
In the other group, hosts China will take on Thailand Friday. Wan Chao, captain of the Chinese beach soccer team said: "Thailand has improved a lot in recent years, featuring small-size, speedy and flexibility. However, we expect a good start with a victory."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption