2013 Asian Beach Soccer Cup kicks off in China
Jinan (China): The 2013 Asian Beach Soccer Cup kicked off in Haiyang, host city of the third Asian Beach Games in eastern China`s Shandong Province.
China, Australia, Thailand, United Arab Emirates and Vietnam are competing in the four-day event, reports Xinhua.
Australia crushed Vietnam 7-2 in the opener on Thursday.
Australian forward Silva, who scored twice, said: "We started a bit slow, then we picked up a little bit, the passing got sharper, but it`s just the first game, we have a long trip."
In the other group, hosts China will take on Thailand Friday. Wan Chao, captain of the Chinese beach soccer team said: "Thailand has improved a lot in recent years, featuring small-size, speedy and flexibility. However, we expect a good start with a victory."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back