2013 Asian Beach Soccer Cup kicks off in China
Jinan (China): The 2013 Asian Beach Soccer Cup kicked off in Haiyang, host city of the third Asian Beach Games in eastern China`s Shandong Province.
China, Australia, Thailand, United Arab Emirates and Vietnam are competing in the four-day event, reports Xinhua.
Australia crushed Vietnam 7-2 in the opener on Thursday.
Australian forward Silva, who scored twice, said: "We started a bit slow, then we picked up a little bit, the passing got sharper, but it`s just the first game, we have a long trip."
In the other group, hosts China will take on Thailand Friday. Wan Chao, captain of the Chinese beach soccer team said: "Thailand has improved a lot in recent years, featuring small-size, speedy and flexibility. However, we expect a good start with a victory."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal