New Delhi: Delhi Dyamos' player-coach Roberto Carlos on Thursday said he wasn't going to return for the third edition of the Indian Super League.
Carlos' comments came just a day before his side's crucial semi-final 1st leg against FC Goa.
Earlier in the week, a Hindustan Times report suggested stated there were some some disagreements over the Brazilian's remuneration for the ongoing season and discussions were held with his representative who was in capital.
“I have already spoken to Prashant (president of Delhi Dynamos) about it. The next season, I won’t be back,” Carlos said.
“You perform well and then someone else comes with a better offer, that’s it. I have not decided yet. I have a lot of good offers. You will know when it happens,” he further added.
However, Prashant Agarwal rubbished reports of any issues between the club and its foreign players.
“I don’t know who has given you such information. As far as any contract dispute is concerned, there is none. We are all here together as one family, representing Delhi Dynamos. There is only one goal for us, which is to win the trophy,” Agarwal said.
Goa have beaten Delhi in all of their last four meetings in the ISL.
Hence at such a juncture, one wonders how Carlos' comments will affect the morale of his players.