42,000 more FIFA Confederations Cup tickets go on sale
Rio de Janeiro: World football`s governing body FIFA has made available an extra 42,308 tickets to the general public for June`s Confederations Cup in Brazil.
The new allocation includes 3,166 tickets to the tournament opener between Brazil and Japan in Brasilia and a further 1,601 for the host nation`s clash with Italy in Salvador, FIFA said on its website, reports Xinhua.
Both matches had been declared sold out when FIFA launched the second phase of sales Feb 15. Another 4,843 tickets will also be made available for the June 30 final at Rio de Janeiro`s Maracana Stadium.
According to FIFA, the additional seats, to go on sale Thursday, come from pre-booked tickets that were not paid for ahead of this week`s deadline. By Wednesday night, 475,389 Confederations Cup tickets had been sold, more than 64 percent of the overall number available.
The tournament will feature FIFA`s six continental champions, hosts Brazil and European runners-up Italy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Teaser of Aishwarya Rai, Ranbir Kapoor's ‘Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’ is out and it is insanely entertaining!
- Victoria decides to ban fracking and coal seam gas exploration permanently
- Blast at Chinese embassy in Kyrgyzstan; one dead, three wounded
- AAP focusing only on attacking PM Narendra Modi: Harsh Vardhan
- Sensex soars over 400 points; Nifty breaches 8,700-mark