42,000 more FIFA Confederations Cup tickets go on sale
Rio de Janeiro: World football`s governing body FIFA has made available an extra 42,308 tickets to the general public for June`s Confederations Cup in Brazil.
The new allocation includes 3,166 tickets to the tournament opener between Brazil and Japan in Brasilia and a further 1,601 for the host nation`s clash with Italy in Salvador, FIFA said on its website, reports Xinhua.
Both matches had been declared sold out when FIFA launched the second phase of sales Feb 15. Another 4,843 tickets will also be made available for the June 30 final at Rio de Janeiro`s Maracana Stadium.
According to FIFA, the additional seats, to go on sale Thursday, come from pre-booked tickets that were not paid for ahead of this week`s deadline. By Wednesday night, 475,389 Confederations Cup tickets had been sold, more than 64 percent of the overall number available.
The tournament will feature FIFA`s six continental champions, hosts Brazil and European runners-up Italy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves