A gastronomic treat for Messi and co
Kolkata: From spaghetti to pasta, pork to beef - the Argentine soccer team led by football magician Lionel Messi will be spoilt for choice. The Hyatt Regency hotel here in West Bengal where the team is staying, has laid out a varied spread appealing to the taste buds of the Latin American side, an official said Thursday.
The team`s chef Diego Iacovone, who landed in the city in the last week of August, is strictly monitoring the food quality and instructing the hotel cooks on preparing Spanish, particularly Argentine dishes.
With Messi being fond of pork and chicken delicacies, the cooks - most of them his fans - are taking every care to churn out mouth-watering but non-spicy dishes.
Fruit juices, sandwiches, corn flakes and milk are on the breakfast menu, while tuna fish, pork and chicken, apart from pasta and spaghetti, constitute lunch and dinner, the official said.
Messi arrived here Wednesday to play for Friday`s FIFA international friendly tie between Argentina and Venezuela, an event that has captured the imagination of this football-crazy city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre