Aaron Ramsey says `sorry` for Champions League red
London: Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey apologised to the club`s supporters on Wednesday after being sent off in his side`s 0-0 Champions League play-off draw away to Turkish side Besiktas.
"Thank you to all the fans that made the trip," Ramsey wrote on his official Twitter page. "Sorry for the red card. I`m sure the lads will do the job in the second leg."
The Welsh midfielder, 23, was sent off in the 80th minute of Tuesday`s game in Istanbul after picking up two yellow cards.
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger was critical of Serbian referee Milorad Mazic`s decision to dismiss Ramsey, describing it as "unbelievable".
"I think not the first and not the second yellow card was deserved for Ramsey," Wenger told reporters.
"When you see some of the fouls committed and you go home with a red card for Ramsey, it is somewhat unbelievable."
Ramsey, who scored the winning goal in last season`s FA Cup final and was voted Arsenal`s player of the year, will now be suspended for next week`s return leg at the Emirates Stadium.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest