Abidal `upset` with Barcelona following release
Barcelona: Eric Abidal has admitted that he is "upset" with Barcelona`s decision to release him on a free transfer.
The 33-year-old departed Camp Nou last week after six years of service, but the latter part of his stay in Catalunya was overshadowed by the diagnosis of a tumour in his liver - which required a transplant in March 2012.
But while the former Olympique Lyonnais man accepts that moving on is "a part of football", he is nonetheless rankled with the way his departure from Barca was handled.
"I do not understand it. I`ve fought for them and I`m in great shape. I feel better than two years ago. They gave me no reason, other than it was a `professional` decision," he told Radio Montecarlo.
"Inevitably, [the decision to release me] calls into question my ability to continue playing football. I am the first person to judge my form.
"First of all, I will not put my life at stake. That is why I`m a little upset with the club`s decision. Either way, this is football."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra