Abramovich to hand Di Matteo one-year Chelsea trial: Report
Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is set to hand Roberto Di Matteo a one-year contract as boss after remaining unconvinced by the Italian’s managerial credentials, according to The Times.
Since his appointment on an interim basis following the sacking of Andre Villas-Boas in March, the former West Brom coach has rejuvenated the Blues, leading them to victories in the finals of both the FA Cup and the Champions League.
And, while Abramovich does not view Di Matteo as a top class manager, he has accepted that the 41-year-old deserves a further opportunity at Stamford Bridge after his remarkable achievements this season.
However, any decision is unlikely to be reached until next week, meaning the former Blues midfielder will depart for his pre-season holiday with his future still undecided.
The ex-MK Dons boss is believed open to the prospect of a 12-month deal though, having only forced his way into consideration thanks to his Champions League success.
Although the Italian has the backing of the club’s squad and fans, their owner still retains hope of luring former Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola to west London, following the Spaniard`s sabbatical from the game which begins this summer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'