AC Milan, Benfica seek Damiao loan deal
Rio de Janeiro: Brazil striker Leandro Damiao is being sought by AC Milan and Benfica as European football clubs scramble to finalise their squads before the summer transfer deadline ends.
According to Globoesporte, Benfica are understood to be favourites to sign the 25-year-old but are yet to commit to the Santos player`s $300,000-a-month salary demand, reports Xinhua.
Both clubs are understood to be keen to secure Damiao on a season-long loan before the transfer window closes Sep 1.
Damiao was once considered among Brazil`s brightest attacking prospects.
His tournament-high six goals at the 2012 London Olympics saw him linked to Tottenham Hotspur, Porto, Arsenal, Liverpool and Juventus.
But a series of injuries and poor form have seen his stock plummet in the past two years.
The No.9 has scored just six goals from 23 appearances since joining Santos from Internacional last December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued