AC Milan, Benfica seek Damiao loan deal
Rio de Janeiro: Brazil striker Leandro Damiao is being sought by AC Milan and Benfica as European football clubs scramble to finalise their squads before the summer transfer deadline ends.
According to Globoesporte, Benfica are understood to be favourites to sign the 25-year-old but are yet to commit to the Santos player`s $300,000-a-month salary demand, reports Xinhua.
Both clubs are understood to be keen to secure Damiao on a season-long loan before the transfer window closes Sep 1.
Damiao was once considered among Brazil`s brightest attacking prospects.
His tournament-high six goals at the 2012 London Olympics saw him linked to Tottenham Hotspur, Porto, Arsenal, Liverpool and Juventus.
But a series of injuries and poor form have seen his stock plummet in the past two years.
The No.9 has scored just six goals from 23 appearances since joining Santos from Internacional last December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation