AC Milan eyes Robinho-Dede swap
Rio de Janeiro: Italian football club AC Milan is reportedly preparing a move to off-load Brazilian winger Robinho in exchange for highly rated Vasco da Gama defender Dede.
The `Rossoneri` are understood to be willing to accommodate Robinho`s desire to return to Brazil having decided the 28-year-old former Real Madrid and Manchester City man is surplus to their needs.
The report says Milan considers Dede as "the heir apparent to Thiago Silva," who left the club last summer to join Paris Saint-Germain.
The Rio de Janeiro outfit is said to have placed a 15 million euro price tag on the 24-year-old, who could leave during the upcoming January transfer window.
Dede has played six matches for Brazil`s national team since making his international debut last year.
He is considered by coach Mano Menezes as one of the prime candidates - alongside Chelsea`s David Luiz - to partner Thiago Silva in the heart of Brazil`s defence at the 2014 World Cup.
Robinho has not represented Brazil since scoring in the team`s 2-3 loss to Germany in Stuttgart in Aug 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing