AC Milan eyes Robinho-Dede swap
Rio de Janeiro: Italian football club AC Milan is reportedly preparing a move to off-load Brazilian winger Robinho in exchange for highly rated Vasco da Gama defender Dede.
The `Rossoneri` are understood to be willing to accommodate Robinho`s desire to return to Brazil having decided the 28-year-old former Real Madrid and Manchester City man is surplus to their needs.
The report says Milan considers Dede as "the heir apparent to Thiago Silva," who left the club last summer to join Paris Saint-Germain.
The Rio de Janeiro outfit is said to have placed a 15 million euro price tag on the 24-year-old, who could leave during the upcoming January transfer window.
Dede has played six matches for Brazil`s national team since making his international debut last year.
He is considered by coach Mano Menezes as one of the prime candidates - alongside Chelsea`s David Luiz - to partner Thiago Silva in the heart of Brazil`s defence at the 2014 World Cup.
Robinho has not represented Brazil since scoring in the team`s 2-3 loss to Germany in Stuttgart in Aug 2011.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living