AC Milan hand Inzaghi coaching role
Milan: AC Milan have announced that veteran striker Filippo Inzaghi has become a youth coach at the club.
The decision signals the end of a successful career for the 38-year-old, who had been on the look-out for a new club after parting company with the Rossoneri at the end of last season.
Inzaghi was touted with a move to Championship side Watford earlier in the month, but the Hornets` manager, Gianfranco Zola, quickly dismissed stories linking the club with the Italian.
He will now take charge of Milan`s Allievi Nazionali team - the youngest side in the Rossoneri`s youth academy - after signing a contract with the Italian giants until 2014.
During his 11-year spell at San Siro, Inzaghi, who cost the club €37 million, scored 125 goals in 296 appearances for the Rossoneri.
The former Italy international is the second-highest scorer in continental competitions with 70 goals, seven goals fewer than Real Madrid legend Raul.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- Islamic State urges Ramadan attacks in US, Europe in new audio broadcast
- Meet the graduates! Aryan Khan and Navya Naveli Nanda celebrate freedom like stars—View pics
- Watch: 'Smart' walking stick that can help Parkinson's sufferers regain rhythm!
- Shocking: DFO owns luxurious swimming pool as Sukma craves for water
- SC to hear plea seeking water supply ban to Maharashtra breweries