AC Milan hand Inzaghi coaching role
Milan: AC Milan have announced that veteran striker Filippo Inzaghi has become a youth coach at the club.
The decision signals the end of a successful career for the 38-year-old, who had been on the look-out for a new club after parting company with the Rossoneri at the end of last season.
Inzaghi was touted with a move to Championship side Watford earlier in the month, but the Hornets` manager, Gianfranco Zola, quickly dismissed stories linking the club with the Italian.
He will now take charge of Milan`s Allievi Nazionali team - the youngest side in the Rossoneri`s youth academy - after signing a contract with the Italian giants until 2014.
During his 11-year spell at San Siro, Inzaghi, who cost the club €37 million, scored 125 goals in 296 appearances for the Rossoneri.
The former Italy international is the second-highest scorer in continental competitions with 70 goals, seven goals fewer than Real Madrid legend Raul.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand