AC Milan hand Inzaghi coaching role
Milan: AC Milan have announced that veteran striker Filippo Inzaghi has become a youth coach at the club.
The decision signals the end of a successful career for the 38-year-old, who had been on the look-out for a new club after parting company with the Rossoneri at the end of last season.
Inzaghi was touted with a move to Championship side Watford earlier in the month, but the Hornets` manager, Gianfranco Zola, quickly dismissed stories linking the club with the Italian.
He will now take charge of Milan`s Allievi Nazionali team - the youngest side in the Rossoneri`s youth academy - after signing a contract with the Italian giants until 2014.
During his 11-year spell at San Siro, Inzaghi, who cost the club €37 million, scored 125 goals in 296 appearances for the Rossoneri.
The former Italy international is the second-highest scorer in continental competitions with 70 goals, seven goals fewer than Real Madrid legend Raul.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon