AC Milan hand Inzaghi coaching role
Milan: AC Milan have announced that veteran striker Filippo Inzaghi has become a youth coach at the club.
The decision signals the end of a successful career for the 38-year-old, who had been on the look-out for a new club after parting company with the Rossoneri at the end of last season.
Inzaghi was touted with a move to Championship side Watford earlier in the month, but the Hornets` manager, Gianfranco Zola, quickly dismissed stories linking the club with the Italian.
He will now take charge of Milan`s Allievi Nazionali team - the youngest side in the Rossoneri`s youth academy - after signing a contract with the Italian giants until 2014.
During his 11-year spell at San Siro, Inzaghi, who cost the club €37 million, scored 125 goals in 296 appearances for the Rossoneri.
The former Italy international is the second-highest scorer in continental competitions with 70 goals, seven goals fewer than Real Madrid legend Raul.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch