AC Milan, Tottenham beaten in Ganso bid
Rio de Janeiro: Sao Paulo has reportedly beaten AC Milan and Tottenham Hotspur to sign Brazil international midfielder Paulo Henrique Ganso.
The 22-year-old`s current club Santos has agreed in principal to an $11.5 million deal with Brazilian Serie A rivals Sao Paulo, reports Xinhua.
"Negotiations are well advanced but we still can`t say the deal is done," Sao Paulo spokesman Carlos Leco said.
"We have a tradition of signing great players from Santos like Ailton Lira and Pita. We`re hoping that Ganso will be no different."
Ganso, who joined Santos as a 15-year-old in 2005, fell out with senior officials at the club after rejecting a new contract offer in June.
He has played eight international matches for Brazil and was given the country`s prized No.10 shirt during last year`s Copa America tournament in Argentina.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley