AC Milan, Tottenham beaten in Ganso bid
Rio de Janeiro: Sao Paulo has reportedly beaten AC Milan and Tottenham Hotspur to sign Brazil international midfielder Paulo Henrique Ganso.
The 22-year-old`s current club Santos has agreed in principal to an $11.5 million deal with Brazilian Serie A rivals Sao Paulo, reports Xinhua.
"Negotiations are well advanced but we still can`t say the deal is done," Sao Paulo spokesman Carlos Leco said.
"We have a tradition of signing great players from Santos like Ailton Lira and Pita. We`re hoping that Ganso will be no different."
Ganso, who joined Santos as a 15-year-old in 2005, fell out with senior officials at the club after rejecting a new contract offer in June.
He has played eight international matches for Brazil and was given the country`s prized No.10 shirt during last year`s Copa America tournament in Argentina.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged