AC Milan, Tottenham beaten in Ganso bid
Rio de Janeiro: Sao Paulo has reportedly beaten AC Milan and Tottenham Hotspur to sign Brazil international midfielder Paulo Henrique Ganso.
The 22-year-old`s current club Santos has agreed in principal to an $11.5 million deal with Brazilian Serie A rivals Sao Paulo, reports Xinhua.
"Negotiations are well advanced but we still can`t say the deal is done," Sao Paulo spokesman Carlos Leco said.
"We have a tradition of signing great players from Santos like Ailton Lira and Pita. We`re hoping that Ganso will be no different."
Ganso, who joined Santos as a 15-year-old in 2005, fell out with senior officials at the club after rejecting a new contract offer in June.
He has played eight international matches for Brazil and was given the country`s prized No.10 shirt during last year`s Copa America tournament in Argentina.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers