AC Milan without injured Balotelli for Udinese clash
Rome: Mario Balotelli will miss AC Milan`s match against Udinese in Serie A on Saturday because of a thigh injury which could also keep him out of the Champions League clash with Barcelona on Tuesday.
"Mario Balotelli is suffering an injury to the vastus intermedius muscle of the right thigh," Milan said on their website. "The player will be monitored in the coming days in order to better define the extent of the problem and determine the prognosis."
It will be the fourth match in a row that Balotelli will miss for Milan after he was suspended for three games following an aggressive outburst in the aftermath of their 2-1 defeat against Napoli.
Brazilian Kaka, who has been out of action since last month with a thigh injury, has been included in the 21-man squad for Saturday`s game at the San Siro.
"He has a maximum of 25 minutes in him," coach Massimiliano Allegri told a news conference on Friday. "It`s a gradual recovery and we don`t want to risk a relapse."
Milan are languishing in 12th place in Serie A after winning two of their opening seven games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur