AC Milan without injured Balotelli for Udinese clash
Rome: Mario Balotelli will miss AC Milan`s match against Udinese in Serie A on Saturday because of a thigh injury which could also keep him out of the Champions League clash with Barcelona on Tuesday.
"Mario Balotelli is suffering an injury to the vastus intermedius muscle of the right thigh," Milan said on their website. "The player will be monitored in the coming days in order to better define the extent of the problem and determine the prognosis."
It will be the fourth match in a row that Balotelli will miss for Milan after he was suspended for three games following an aggressive outburst in the aftermath of their 2-1 defeat against Napoli.
Brazilian Kaka, who has been out of action since last month with a thigh injury, has been included in the 21-man squad for Saturday`s game at the San Siro.
"He has a maximum of 25 minutes in him," coach Massimiliano Allegri told a news conference on Friday. "It`s a gradual recovery and we don`t want to risk a relapse."
Milan are languishing in 12th place in Serie A after winning two of their opening seven games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi