Adriano considering retirement
Rio de Janeiro: Flamengo has issued former Brazil football star Adriano with a third warning in six weeks amid revelations the troubled striker is considering retirement.
Flamengo football director Zinho met with the unsettled 30-year-old Monday to seek an explanation for his latest absence from training Saturday.
"I`ve had a conversation with him and he told me that he missed the session because he was very confused," Zinho said.
"He has many fears, doubts and uncertainties that are leading him to think about whether or not to continue his career."
Adriano was offered a five-month contract by Flamengo in August after recovering from surgery on his left Achilles tendon.
The former Inter Milan and Roma forward has played just nine games in the past two years amid a series of injuries and personal problems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sri Lanka vs Australia: 1st Test, Day 4 — As it happened...
- Indian national, on death row in Indonesia, not executed: Sushma Swaraj
- West Indies vs India 2016: I'm not too worried about my form, says Cheteshwar Pujara
- Maruti to transport vehicles on water!
- Five key moments at the Democratic convention Arrived