Adriano considering retirement
Rio de Janeiro: Flamengo has issued former Brazil football star Adriano with a third warning in six weeks amid revelations the troubled striker is considering retirement.
Flamengo football director Zinho met with the unsettled 30-year-old Monday to seek an explanation for his latest absence from training Saturday.
"I`ve had a conversation with him and he told me that he missed the session because he was very confused," Zinho said.
"He has many fears, doubts and uncertainties that are leading him to think about whether or not to continue his career."
Adriano was offered a five-month contract by Flamengo in August after recovering from surgery on his left Achilles tendon.
The former Inter Milan and Roma forward has played just nine games in the past two years amid a series of injuries and personal problems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price