Adriano considering retirement
Rio de Janeiro: Flamengo has issued former Brazil football star Adriano with a third warning in six weeks amid revelations the troubled striker is considering retirement.
Flamengo football director Zinho met with the unsettled 30-year-old Monday to seek an explanation for his latest absence from training Saturday.
"I`ve had a conversation with him and he told me that he missed the session because he was very confused," Zinho said.
"He has many fears, doubts and uncertainties that are leading him to think about whether or not to continue his career."
Adriano was offered a five-month contract by Flamengo in August after recovering from surgery on his left Achilles tendon.
The former Inter Milan and Roma forward has played just nine games in the past two years amid a series of injuries and personal problems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report