Adriano dropped by Flamengo after missing practice
Sao Paulo: Brazil striker Adriano, who has a history of off-field problems, missed Flamengo`s practice and will not play in their next two matches, an official of the Rio club said.
"Adriano has a personal problem. He`s going to resolve that problem by Sunday and then train hard all week to recover his form," Flamengo vice-president Marcos Braz told Brazilian television on Friday night.
"Adriano`s problems are notorious and well known," added Braz without saying why the player, who had a drinking problem during his time at Inter Milan, had missed Friday`s practice.
Adriano, who almost quit football a year ago over his personal problems in Italy, had been due to return to Flamengo on Friday after playing for Brazil in Tuesday`s World Cup warm-up against Ireland in London.
However, he did not turn up and was dropped for Saturday`s Carioca championship game against Resende and Wednesday`s Libertadores Cup match away to FC Caracas.
Adriano helped Flamengo to win the Brazilian league title last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly