Adriano dropped by Flamengo after missing practice
Sao Paulo: Brazil striker Adriano, who has a history of off-field problems, missed Flamengo`s practice and will not play in their next two matches, an official of the Rio club said.
"Adriano has a personal problem. He`s going to resolve that problem by Sunday and then train hard all week to recover his form," Flamengo vice-president Marcos Braz told Brazilian television on Friday night.
"Adriano`s problems are notorious and well known," added Braz without saying why the player, who had a drinking problem during his time at Inter Milan, had missed Friday`s practice.
Adriano, who almost quit football a year ago over his personal problems in Italy, had been due to return to Flamengo on Friday after playing for Brazil in Tuesday`s World Cup warm-up against Ireland in London.
However, he did not turn up and was dropped for Saturday`s Carioca championship game against Resende and Wednesday`s Libertadores Cup match away to FC Caracas.
Adriano helped Flamengo to win the Brazilian league title last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative