Adriano dropped by Flamengo after missing practice
Sao Paulo: Brazil striker Adriano, who has a history of off-field problems, missed Flamengo`s practice and will not play in their next two matches, an official of the Rio club said.
"Adriano has a personal problem. He`s going to resolve that problem by Sunday and then train hard all week to recover his form," Flamengo vice-president Marcos Braz told Brazilian television on Friday night.
"Adriano`s problems are notorious and well known," added Braz without saying why the player, who had a drinking problem during his time at Inter Milan, had missed Friday`s practice.
Adriano, who almost quit football a year ago over his personal problems in Italy, had been due to return to Flamengo on Friday after playing for Brazil in Tuesday`s World Cup warm-up against Ireland in London.
However, he did not turn up and was dropped for Saturday`s Carioca championship game against Resende and Wednesday`s Libertadores Cup match away to FC Caracas.
Adriano helped Flamengo to win the Brazilian league title last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Summer Olympics: Boxer Laishram Devendro out of contention for Rio berth
- 'Only 15% water left in major reservoirs in India; west, south worst hit'
- Amarnath Yatra: J&K DGP reviews security arrangements
- Eoin Morgan picks Anil Kumble and MS Dhoni in All-time XI, no place for Sachin Tendulkar
- Dominika Cibulkova stuns Agniezka Radwanska, enters Eastbourne final