Adriano extends contract with FC Barcelona
Madrid: FC Barcelona confirmed that the football club has agreed to extend the contract of utility player Adriano Correia until the end of June 2017.
Adriano has signed a four year-extension with the club he joined in the summer of 2010 for 9.5 million euros from Sevilla and has so far made 105 appearances in which he has scored 10 goals.
This has perhaps been his most productive season as he has played in 34 games, scoring six times and had it not been for a series of muscle problems, he would have no doubt played even more for the side which was presented with the Primera Liga title last Sunday in their 2-1 home-win against Valladolid.
Adriano has played in various positions this season: at left and right back, highlighting his ability with both feet, and has even played several games in central defence, where his speed and anticipation have been important as the club looked for cover for the injured Carles Puyol and Javier Mascherano.
Adriano turned in a series of impressive performances in the heart of the Barca defence, despite the fact he is only 1.72 metres in height (5 ft 8 inches).
The new contract raises Adriano`s buyout clause to 90 million euros, making it virtually impossible for any other club to buy him, and will keep him at Barca until he is 32 years old.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people