AFC bans Ishfaq for four matches
Panaji: The disciplinary committee of the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) has imposed a four match ban on Salgaocar Sports Club midfielder Ishfaq Ahmed.
The Committee, which met in Kuala Lumpur on Thursday, decided to take tough action against Ishfaq Ahmed for his behaviour in the AFC Cup clash against Neftchi FC in Uzbekistan on May 8.
Ishfaq was sent off for his verbal abuse of the Yemen referee, who promptly reported the offence to the match commissioner and subsequently the disciplinary committee.
Pursuant to Article 49 of the AFC Disciplinary Code, Ahmed is suspended for four matches for violation of Article 69 of the AFC Cup Regulations 2012 and Article 57 of the Code," AFC said in a statement on Friday.
Ishfaq, who has moved to East Bengal for the coming season, has been charged for "offensive behaviour and violation of fair play."
"The match suspensions are to be carried over in accordance with Article 38 par 2 (c) of the Code. Ishfaq is also given a warning that a repeat violation of these provisions will be met with more severe punishment," the disciplinary committee said in its order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days