AFC bans Ishfaq for four matches
Panaji: The disciplinary committee of the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) has imposed a four match ban on Salgaocar Sports Club midfielder Ishfaq Ahmed.
The Committee, which met in Kuala Lumpur on Thursday, decided to take tough action against Ishfaq Ahmed for his behaviour in the AFC Cup clash against Neftchi FC in Uzbekistan on May 8.
Ishfaq was sent off for his verbal abuse of the Yemen referee, who promptly reported the offence to the match commissioner and subsequently the disciplinary committee.
Pursuant to Article 49 of the AFC Disciplinary Code, Ahmed is suspended for four matches for violation of Article 69 of the AFC Cup Regulations 2012 and Article 57 of the Code," AFC said in a statement on Friday.
Ishfaq, who has moved to East Bengal for the coming season, has been charged for "offensive behaviour and violation of fair play."
"The match suspensions are to be carried over in accordance with Article 38 par 2 (c) of the Code. Ishfaq is also given a warning that a repeat violation of these provisions will be met with more severe punishment," the disciplinary committee said in its order.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata