AFC Challenge Cup qualifiers: India vs Guam- Preview
Yangon: A toothless Guam team had no replied against Myanmar when the host nation put five goals past Gary White`s side in the opener on Saturday.
In the 2006 AFC Challenge Cup when there were no qualifiers, Guam were placed in Group C alongside Bangladesh, Cambodia and Palestine and failed to register a single point in the tournament. As such, this match will remain as one to restore the pride of the Matao.
Meanwhile, India pulled off a narrow escape against the Chinese Taipei after Robin Singh scored the winner in the 91st minute to give his side an important win.
It was Jewel Raja who scored the opener for the Men in Blue when the midfielder converted his chance in the 40th minute before Lee Tai-Lin equalized in the 54th minute.
Wim Koevermans had started with only Sunil Chhetri upfront and might think of introducing a strike-partner for the Indian captain in an opportunity to capitalise against a weaker Guam side.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman