AFC U-22: India need to be consistent against UAE in qualifiers
Muscat: The Under-22 Indian football team will have its task cut out when it faces the United Arab Emirates (UAE) in its third match of the AFC U-22 Championship 2013 qualifiers here Thursday.
Coach Arthur Papas admits the tie against UAE could be the defining match in the tournament.
"We need to maintain our consistency. We have had two very good games so far. Though the results have been different, there are so many positives which have emerged."
"The boys have shown character and at this level you have to play with the same intensity every day. UAE are a very tough opposition. I reiterate one shouldn`t be expecting miracles. Everyone needs to be patient," he said.
India captain Jeje Lalpeklua, who has scored against the UAE senior team in the World Cup qualifiers, is raring to go.
"I still remember Dika`s (Lalrindika Ralte) cross which was inch perfect. I just had to nod it in," Jeje recalled with Dika on his side.
"The turf was slushy maintaining balance was difficult. There`s a sort of telepathy between Jeje and me," Dika quips.
Coach Papas said attention to minute details will make the difference.
"In International Matches, more often than not, the details decide the fate. Minute details such as set pieces, corners, etc. We need to be perfect," he said.
UAE coach Baler Sadih said he has have quite a few options up his sleeve. "We look forward to the match."
UAE have been unstoppable so far. In the first match, they beat hosts Oman 2-0 while in the second they accounted for Turkmenistan 1-0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared