After Dubai, soccer legend Maradona looks to China
Beijing: Chinese state media say Argentine football great Diego Maradona wants to coach in China, where clubs are spending big bucks to lure international names.
The 51-year-old Maradona arrived in Beijing on Monday for an eight-day charity tour and the China Daily quoted him as saying "I wish to contribute to the development of China`s soccer youth."
Maradona was recently fired as manager by the United Arab Emirates club Al Wasl.
China Daily said Maradona plans to meet Wei Di, head of the Chinese Football Association, during his visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre