After Dubai, soccer legend Maradona looks to China
Beijing: Chinese state media say Argentine football great Diego Maradona wants to coach in China, where clubs are spending big bucks to lure international names.
The 51-year-old Maradona arrived in Beijing on Monday for an eight-day charity tour and the China Daily quoted him as saying "I wish to contribute to the development of China`s soccer youth."
Maradona was recently fired as manager by the United Arab Emirates club Al Wasl.
China Daily said Maradona plans to meet Wei Di, head of the Chinese Football Association, during his visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- Gujarat quota stir: PM Modi appeals for peace
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- 3rd Test: India vs Sri Lanka 2015 - Preview