After two straight losses; Dempo look to win against Air India
Margao: Unfazed by their two successive defeats, Dempo Sports Club will go all out for victory to maintain their top spot when they take on a spirited Air India (AI) in the 10th round of the I-League football championship at Nehru Stadium on Sunday.
Dempo coach Armando Colaco said the December 15 defeat (2-1) against East Bengal was result of the failure of their midfield. "Our midfield totally flopped and allowed East Bengal to dominate the game. Both goals were scored due to mistake of the defenders."
This was Dempo`s second loss in a row, having succumbed to Goan rivals Churchill Brothers in the eighth round. Colaco said these losses doesn`t mean the team was losing momentum in the title race.
"It`s a long way to go. Nobody has the momentum, all teams are fighting for the title. When we had won seven games in a row nobody said we are going to win the I-League. Just because we lost two games in a row, everyone is talking about change in momentum."
"Air India are unpredictable side who are high on spirit after their convincing victory over Sporting Clube de Goa. We should be on our guard and not repeat mistakes committed in the previous matches," maintained Colaco.
Air India, who have moved to seventh place with 12 points, are high on confident after their convincing 3-1 win against Sporting Clube de Goa.
"Our boys were playing well but somehow we were not getting the desired result. We needed a win badly and the win against Sporting came at the right time," said Air India coach Santosh Kashyap.
"My boys are confident to do well against Dempo, whose confidence has been shaken due to their two successive defeats. This is the best time to play against them."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015