Agbonlahor says Aston Villa pal Benteke `best player` in league
London: Aston Villa player Gabriel Agbonlahor has said that his teammate Christian Benteke is now the best player in the Premier League.
According to the Mirror, Agbonlahor, who flattened pop star Louis Tomlinson in Stiliyan Petrov`s charity match for leukaemia, says Aston Villa are now only going in One Direction.
Belgium striker Benteke was a revelation following his 8 million-pound switch from Genk last season, hitting 23 goals, the report said.
He has already proved he is no one-season wonder by adding four goals this term, the report added.
Agbonlahor said that Benteke was world class and everyone could see that, adding that he has been the best player in the league so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sri Lanka vs Australia: Injured Steve O'Keefe to return home, Jon Holland named as replacement
- PSU banks employees strike may affect transactions worth Rs 15,000 crore
- Raj Thackeray meets Uddhav, triggers talk of Shiv Sena-MNS reconciliation ahead of BMC polls
- Narsingh Pancham Yadav may not make it to Rio even if he's proved innocent - Here's why
- Germany legend Bastian Schweinsteiger retires from international football