Agbonlahor says Aston Villa pal Benteke `best player` in league
London: Aston Villa player Gabriel Agbonlahor has said that his teammate Christian Benteke is now the best player in the Premier League.
According to the Mirror, Agbonlahor, who flattened pop star Louis Tomlinson in Stiliyan Petrov`s charity match for leukaemia, says Aston Villa are now only going in One Direction.
Belgium striker Benteke was a revelation following his 8 million-pound switch from Genk last season, hitting 23 goals, the report said.
He has already proved he is no one-season wonder by adding four goals this term, the report added.
Agbonlahor said that Benteke was world class and everyone could see that, adding that he has been the best player in the league so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report