Agbonlahor says Aston Villa pal Benteke `best player` in league
London: Aston Villa player Gabriel Agbonlahor has said that his teammate Christian Benteke is now the best player in the Premier League.
According to the Mirror, Agbonlahor, who flattened pop star Louis Tomlinson in Stiliyan Petrov`s charity match for leukaemia, says Aston Villa are now only going in One Direction.
Belgium striker Benteke was a revelation following his 8 million-pound switch from Genk last season, hitting 23 goals, the report said.
He has already proved he is no one-season wonder by adding four goals this term, the report added.
Agbonlahor said that Benteke was world class and everyone could see that, adding that he has been the best player in the league so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand