Agreement with Manchester united is done : Kagawa
Japan : Borussia Dortmund midfielder Shinji Kagawa looks set to seal his move to Manchester United, according the reports in his home country of Japan.
The news came after the Samurai Blue`s 1-1 draw with Australia, as Kagawa finally commented on his future after the important World Cup qualifier.
"I have to do a medical check but the agreement between me and the club is done," he told Japanese reporters.
"I wanted to avoid people focusing on this matter during World Cup qualifiers. It was Manchester United who sent me an offer officially."
The midfielder spoke to Sir Alex Ferguson ahead of his proposed moved to Manchester and revealed his delight following his conversation with the 70-year-old manager.
"It was great that such a great person spoke to me. I will decide my future soon talking with my agent. Then you will see the official news.”
"The agreement has been almost done. I asked myself to consider many things but I found that I want a challenge."
The move to Old Trafford looks set to see Kagawa become the first Japanese player to ever represent Manchester United, after two extremely successful years in Germany.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August for SAARC meet
- Dope scandal: Narsingh Yadav's Rio Olympics fate hangs in balance as NADA set to pronounce verdict today
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today