Aguero backs Man City to repeat 2012 comeback power to catch Liverpool, Chelsea
London: Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero has reportedly backed his club to display the same comeback power of 2012 to chase down Liverpool and Chelsea in the Premier League tournament.
However, Aguero reckons that City will need to show the same mental strength to never give up, which helped them wrest the Premier League from the grasp of bitter rivals United two years ago as the scored twice in stoppage time against Queens Park Rangers.
According to the Daily Star, with a trip coming up next week to Anfield , Aguero knows that they hold an advantage with their mental strength over Liverpool, as the club has not got the same title-winning experience that City has.
Aguero said that the mental strength does help, but added that it is not just from the QPR game, as the more a team plays, the more experienced it becomes.
Aguero said that a team should learn from its mistakes and not repeat them, adding that no one obviously expects to be level on points going into the last game of the season, but they know that they have the mentality to repeat 2012.
Aguero, who is hoping to return to action this weekend against Southampton as he has been out for a number of weeks due to a hamstring problem, is reportedly confident that City will have the nerve if they come down to the final game of the season again, because they have done it before.
City currently stand at the third position in the Premier League table this season, four points adrift of leaders Chelsea and two points behind Chelsea, but they have two crucial games in hand over their rivals, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!