Aguero believes Premier League win could lead them to more laurels
London: Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero believes their dramatic Premier League win on the last day of the season against the Queens Park Rangers could lead them to more trophies and titles in the future.
The Argentina star’s 94th-minute winner will be remembered forever by all Etihad fans.
Now that City has ended its 44-year wait for the title, Aguero believes there will be no stopping them.
“It’s all concerned with talking about City now, not United. We pulled it out of the fire and won it at the very last minute. Hopefully, it’s the start of big things for City in the future,” The Sun quoted Aguero, as saying.
“It was almost lost but we managed to pull it round and saved ourselves in the last minute. I think it would have been a real body blow if we hadn’t won, but I think the main thing is to concentrate on the fact we did,” he added.
“We did win it — and the effect is the opposite, the total opposite. I think it’s going to be a real boost, a real positive effect on the side going into the future,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok