Aguero can score 30 goals in debut season: Mancini
London: Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini believes Sergio Aguero can score around thirty goals during his debut season with the club.
Mancini signed Aguero last summer for a record 38 million pounds. The Argentinean didn’t take long to settle into the Premier League environment.
In spite of being touted as one of Europe’s most talented footballers before joining City, no one had really expected Aguero to adapt to the new conditions of Premier League so fast.
Mancini said, “Sergio is very strong physically and he is not a tall guy but his strength is amazing. He has always scored goals in every championship. For this reason I don`t think he has had any problems settling in here.”
Mancini also wished that Aguero continued his form till the end of this season, as it will be pivotal for their success this season. With local rivals Manchester United only two points behind, Mancini doesn’t want his star striker to lose concentration. His brace against Stoke City at the Etihad Stadium on last Wednesday night took his season’s tally to 15, a daily reports.
“I hope Sergio can score 30 goals and it’s the same for Edin Dzeko and Mario Balotelli. If they score 50 goals between them it would be good for us”, says Mancini.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'