Aguero can score 30 goals in debut season: Mancini
London: Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini believes Sergio Aguero can score around thirty goals during his debut season with the club.
Mancini signed Aguero last summer for a record 38 million pounds. The Argentinean didn’t take long to settle into the Premier League environment.
In spite of being touted as one of Europe’s most talented footballers before joining City, no one had really expected Aguero to adapt to the new conditions of Premier League so fast.
Mancini said, “Sergio is very strong physically and he is not a tall guy but his strength is amazing. He has always scored goals in every championship. For this reason I don`t think he has had any problems settling in here.”
Mancini also wished that Aguero continued his form till the end of this season, as it will be pivotal for their success this season. With local rivals Manchester United only two points behind, Mancini doesn’t want his star striker to lose concentration. His brace against Stoke City at the Etihad Stadium on last Wednesday night took his season’s tally to 15, a daily reports.
“I hope Sergio can score 30 goals and it’s the same for Edin Dzeko and Mario Balotelli. If they score 50 goals between them it would be good for us”, says Mancini.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!