Aguero to face no FA action for Luiz challenge
London: The Football Association will take no action against Sergio Aguero for his two-footed lunge on David Luiz in Sunday`s FA Cup semi-final at Wembley.
Referee Chris Foy awarded a free-kick at the time and did not even book Aguero, but has been deemed to have already dealt with the incident sufficiently by the FA.
The Argentine was apparently riled at receiving an elbow to the ribs from Luiz moments earlier, and lunged in two-footed as the Brazilian lay prone on the floor following a tussle for possession.
After the match Luiz called on his opponent to apologise, saying: "Aguero`s a great player, he needs to be honest with himself and say, `I don`t like to do bad tackles`.
"It was five seconds of anger and I forgive him."
Aguero had earlier doubled Manchester City`s lead after Samir Nasri`s first-half opener, but Demba Ba set up a grandstand finish by pulling one back after the break.
City held on, however, and will face Wigan in the FA Cup final after the Latics overcame Millwall on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview