Aguero to face no FA action for Luiz challenge
London: The Football Association will take no action against Sergio Aguero for his two-footed lunge on David Luiz in Sunday`s FA Cup semi-final at Wembley.
Referee Chris Foy awarded a free-kick at the time and did not even book Aguero, but has been deemed to have already dealt with the incident sufficiently by the FA.
The Argentine was apparently riled at receiving an elbow to the ribs from Luiz moments earlier, and lunged in two-footed as the Brazilian lay prone on the floor following a tussle for possession.
After the match Luiz called on his opponent to apologise, saying: "Aguero`s a great player, he needs to be honest with himself and say, `I don`t like to do bad tackles`.
"It was five seconds of anger and I forgive him."
Aguero had earlier doubled Manchester City`s lead after Samir Nasri`s first-half opener, but Demba Ba set up a grandstand finish by pulling one back after the break.
City held on, however, and will face Wigan in the FA Cup final after the Latics overcame Millwall on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says