Aguero to face no FA action for Luiz challenge
London: The Football Association will take no action against Sergio Aguero for his two-footed lunge on David Luiz in Sunday`s FA Cup semi-final at Wembley.
Referee Chris Foy awarded a free-kick at the time and did not even book Aguero, but has been deemed to have already dealt with the incident sufficiently by the FA.
The Argentine was apparently riled at receiving an elbow to the ribs from Luiz moments earlier, and lunged in two-footed as the Brazilian lay prone on the floor following a tussle for possession.
After the match Luiz called on his opponent to apologise, saying: "Aguero`s a great player, he needs to be honest with himself and say, `I don`t like to do bad tackles`.
"It was five seconds of anger and I forgive him."
Aguero had earlier doubled Manchester City`s lead after Samir Nasri`s first-half opener, but Demba Ba set up a grandstand finish by pulling one back after the break.
City held on, however, and will face Wigan in the FA Cup final after the Latics overcame Millwall on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America