Aguero to face no FA action for Luiz challenge
London: The Football Association will take no action against Sergio Aguero for his two-footed lunge on David Luiz in Sunday`s FA Cup semi-final at Wembley.
Referee Chris Foy awarded a free-kick at the time and did not even book Aguero, but has been deemed to have already dealt with the incident sufficiently by the FA.
The Argentine was apparently riled at receiving an elbow to the ribs from Luiz moments earlier, and lunged in two-footed as the Brazilian lay prone on the floor following a tussle for possession.
After the match Luiz called on his opponent to apologise, saying: "Aguero`s a great player, he needs to be honest with himself and say, `I don`t like to do bad tackles`.
"It was five seconds of anger and I forgive him."
Aguero had earlier doubled Manchester City`s lead after Samir Nasri`s first-half opener, but Demba Ba set up a grandstand finish by pulling one back after the break.
City held on, however, and will face Wigan in the FA Cup final after the Latics overcame Millwall on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: All seats declared - BJP emerges as biggest gainer, bags 81 seats; Shiv Sena gets 84
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Twist in BMC poll results as BJP emerges as `largest party`
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway