Aguero voted Manchester City Player of the Year
London: Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero has been named Player of the Year at the club`s end of season awards ceremony.
The Argentina international was a landslide winner of the award, which was voted by fans, after scoring on 29 occasions in all competitions.
The 23-year-old has taken the Premier League by storm in his first season in England, helping Roberto Mancini`s men challenge for the title, and he also collected the Goal of the Season award for his first in the 6-1 win away at Norwich.
Meanwhile, Monday night`s derby win against Manchester United, in which the Blues beat Sir Alex Ferguson`s men 1-0 to regain the lead in the title race on goal difference, won Moment of the Year.
Spanish starlet Denis Suarez received the Young Player of the Year, for his performances in the Elite Development squad.
Fellow Spaniard David Silva was the Player`s Player of the Year and he also picked up the EA Sports Player Perfomance Index Award.
Club captain Vincent Kompany was recognised for his work away from the pitch, receiving the City in the Community Player Award.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’