AIFF confirms international friendly against Palestine
New Delhi: The Indian football team will play in an international friendly against Palestine in Guwahati on February 6, 2013, the AIFF confirmed on Friday.
India`s last international friendly, against Yemen in November, was cancelled after the visiting side failed to procure visas for its players.
And before that, on October 14, India were beaten 0-2 by Singapore.
Palestine are ranked 152 in the current FIFA Rankings while India are currently placed 166.
National coach Wim Koevermans has always stressed on the need to play more and more international friendlies in order to improve the country`s rankings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi