AIFF confirms international friendly against Palestine
New Delhi: The Indian football team will play in an international friendly against Palestine in Guwahati on February 6, 2013, the AIFF confirmed on Friday.
India`s last international friendly, against Yemen in November, was cancelled after the visiting side failed to procure visas for its players.
And before that, on October 14, India were beaten 0-2 by Singapore.
Palestine are ranked 152 in the current FIFA Rankings while India are currently placed 166.
National coach Wim Koevermans has always stressed on the need to play more and more international friendlies in order to improve the country`s rankings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened