AIFF extends contracts for Koevermans, Baan
New Delhi: The All India Football Federation (AIFF) Wednesday extended the contracts for India’s national coach Wim Koevermans and technical director Robert Baan by another year.
Moreover, Kushal Das was re-appointed as the general secretary of AIFF for another three years.
Besides the national team, Koevermans will also be in charge of India`s campaign in the 2014, Incheon Asian Games.
AIFF president Praful Patel chaired the executive committee meeting, at Football House, the AIFF headquarters, here.
The executive committee also congratulated the Indian national team for their splendid display in the two back-to-back international friendlies against the Philippines in Siliguri.
“I congratulate the players, coach Wim Koevermans and the support staff for their effort. The results will create a positive environment for Indian football in the future,” Patel said.
Meanwhile, the committee decided that AIFF’s Annual General Body Meeting would be held on Dec 20.
The final round of the second Division league would be held in Silchar and Aizawl, while the final round of the U-19 I-League will be held in Jamshedpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon