AIFF extends contracts for Koevermans, Baan
New Delhi: The All India Football Federation (AIFF) Wednesday extended the contracts for India’s national coach Wim Koevermans and technical director Robert Baan by another year.
Moreover, Kushal Das was re-appointed as the general secretary of AIFF for another three years.
Besides the national team, Koevermans will also be in charge of India`s campaign in the 2014, Incheon Asian Games.
AIFF president Praful Patel chaired the executive committee meeting, at Football House, the AIFF headquarters, here.
The executive committee also congratulated the Indian national team for their splendid display in the two back-to-back international friendlies against the Philippines in Siliguri.
“I congratulate the players, coach Wim Koevermans and the support staff for their effort. The results will create a positive environment for Indian football in the future,” Patel said.
Meanwhile, the committee decided that AIFF’s Annual General Body Meeting would be held on Dec 20.
The final round of the second Division league would be held in Silchar and Aizawl, while the final round of the U-19 I-League will be held in Jamshedpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Referendums that shaped the world as we know it...
- Our entire defence mechanism is India-specific, says top Pakistani military official
- Honda BR-V crosses 10,000 booking mark
- Magnificent teaser trailer of Harshvardhan Kapoor-Saiyami Kher's 'Mirzya' crosses 2 million views!
- What happens after the Brexit vote – the steps ahead!