AIFF extends contracts for Koevermans, Baan
New Delhi: The All India Football Federation (AIFF) Wednesday extended the contracts for India’s national coach Wim Koevermans and technical director Robert Baan by another year.
Moreover, Kushal Das was re-appointed as the general secretary of AIFF for another three years.
Besides the national team, Koevermans will also be in charge of India`s campaign in the 2014, Incheon Asian Games.
AIFF president Praful Patel chaired the executive committee meeting, at Football House, the AIFF headquarters, here.
The executive committee also congratulated the Indian national team for their splendid display in the two back-to-back international friendlies against the Philippines in Siliguri.
“I congratulate the players, coach Wim Koevermans and the support staff for their effort. The results will create a positive environment for Indian football in the future,” Patel said.
Meanwhile, the committee decided that AIFF’s Annual General Body Meeting would be held on Dec 20.
The final round of the second Division league would be held in Silchar and Aizawl, while the final round of the U-19 I-League will be held in Jamshedpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Barack Obama banishes Vietnam war era with lifting of arms ban
- India braces for more heat after temperature breaks records; over 300 dead in Telangana
- Manipur HSLC Result 2016, BSEM HSLC Class 10th Results 2016, Manipur Board HSLC (10th Class) Results 2016 to be declared on May 24
- Sensex falls for 4th day on Fed rate hike caution
- Divyanka Tripathi, Vivek Dahiya to marry on July 8