AIFF GBM to amend constitution in line with Sports Code
New Delhi: All India Football Federation will amend its constitution to bring the age and tenure rule in line with the Sports Code in a Special General Body Meeting here on Friday.
The AIFF had followed the age and tenure rule as per the Sports Code of the government during its elections in 2012, though it has not made a formal amendment to its constitution.
The SGM will amend the constitution on Friday as the Sports Ministry has set the December 31 deadline for the National Sports Federations to bring the age and tenure rule in line with the Code.
"We have been following the age and tenure rule of the Sports Code. But now we have to do it by putting it down in the constitution itself. We are doing that in the SGM Friday," a top AIFF official said.
An Annual General Body Meeting will also be held after the SGM, which is expected to be of a routine affair, mainly to ratify the minutes of several meetings, giving approval of various financial transactions and drawing of a tentative calendar for next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption