AIFF GBM to amend constitution in line with Sports Code
New Delhi: All India Football Federation will amend its constitution to bring the age and tenure rule in line with the Sports Code in a Special General Body Meeting here on Friday.
The AIFF had followed the age and tenure rule as per the Sports Code of the government during its elections in 2012, though it has not made a formal amendment to its constitution.
The SGM will amend the constitution on Friday as the Sports Ministry has set the December 31 deadline for the National Sports Federations to bring the age and tenure rule in line with the Code.
"We have been following the age and tenure rule of the Sports Code. But now we have to do it by putting it down in the constitution itself. We are doing that in the SGM Friday," a top AIFF official said.
An Annual General Body Meeting will also be held after the SGM, which is expected to be of a routine affair, mainly to ratify the minutes of several meetings, giving approval of various financial transactions and drawing of a tentative calendar for next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan