AIFF may set up regional academy in Sikkim
Gangtok: The All India Football Federation (AIFF) could set up one of its eight regional residential academies in Sikkim if the state comes up with the required infrastructure.
I-League CEO Sunanda Dhar said the AIFF was setting up eight regional residential football academies in different parts of the country by the end of 2013 and one was likely to be set up in Sikkim.
However, he added, it would happen if the AIFF gets a ground and other required infrastructure in the state.
"We want Sikkim to develop more football infrastructure to create more Bhaichung Bhutias in the state," AIFF senior vice-president Subrata Dutta said.
Besides, he told reporters at Paljor Stadium that the SFA should pay attention to training of coaches and referees and said the AIFF would back SFA in its endeavours.
Dutta and Dhar were here to inspect the organisation of the Gangtok leg of the final round of the second division I-League.
Talking to reporters at Paljor Stadium, Dutta said the Sikkim Football Association (SFA) has organised the final round of the league well.
The I-League CEO said Sikkim has the potential to host the senior division I-League provided it adds some more facilities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’