AIFF sees red in reported humiliation of Ranchi girls
New Delhi: The All India Football Federation (AIFF) has empowered their women’s committee to investigate the trecherous act of the humiliation of young tribal players of Jharkhand on the cusp of their departure to play in a tournament in Spain.
It has been widely communicated that eighteen girls from a village in Jharkhand, on the outskirts of Ranchi, were subject to inhumane slapping, humiliation and were forced to sweep the floors of the panchayat office on their request for a birth certificate to complete their passport formalities.
The girls were representing an NGO called Yuwa India, founded by an American Franz Gastler, in an Under-14 tournament called the Gasteiz Cup, in Victoria Gasteiz, Spain.
“It was a malicious campaign against the AIFF and it`s totally baseless to bring the AIFF into this. The tournament the girls participated was not approved by us nor we knew about their participation," said a stoic Praful Patel, whose taciturnity on the Indian FA’s investigation efforts continued till they appointed the women’s council to look into the matter.
“It`s good that the girls were taking part in an international tournament but how would the AIFF be in the scene if something happens to the girls on something related to the preparation for taking part in a tournament which we don`t know,” argued Patel.
“Nonetheless, I have asked the AIFF Women`s Committee to find out what happened to the girls," concluded the AIFF President, who re-affirmed the guilty will be punished.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read