AIFF Special Technical Committee discusses World Cup plans
New Delhi: Keeping an eye on Indian National Team`s preparation for the 2017 FIFA U-17 World Cup, All India Football Federation`s Special Technical Committee met in Bangalore Saturday.
The Committee comprising of AIFF General Secretary Kushal Das, AIFF Technical Director Robert Baan, National coach Wim Koevermans, India captain Sunil Chhetri and noted coach Derrick Pereira discussed at length the path to form a competitive Indian squad for the mega event.
However, AIFF Technical Committee Chairman and former India Captain Bhaichung Bhutia couldn`t attend the Meeting for personal reasons.
Highlighting the significance of proper scouting for the World Cup, Das made a presentation on the scouting procedure for the AIFF U-17 World Cup Academies which would essentially happen from the forthcoming Coca Cola Cup.
The Coca Cola Cup, an inter-school Tournament which would be followed by the National Championships, is scheduled to kick-off by end of July and end in November 2014.
The General Secretary also laid a plan about conducting an U-15 Youth League across the Country.
Besides the AIFF Academies, the proposed League would consist of I-League Clubs, ISL Franchises, invitational Academies, 2nd Division Clubs ? all to augment the talent for the AIFF U-17 World Cup Academies.
AIFF Technical Director Baan also laid down a detailed plan on the preparation of the U-17 National team leading to the World Cup.
Baan said the Team should be sent on minimum three exposure Tours per year in International Tournaments and play at least, minimum 40 competitive matches in a calendar year.
Rob stressed the exposure trips should be held in various Continents like Asia, Africa, Europe, Latin America for the Team to get used to the tactics, attitude and style of play of various sides, all of which would play an important role in the World Cup.
Das also mentioned that India is bidding for the U-16 AFC Championship Finals in 2016 which would help to evaluate the preparation of the Team as well as of the venues.
The meeting ended on a very positive note with a mandate to meet immediately after the completion of the Coca Cola Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH