AIFF U-15 beat U-18 Mohun Bagan 18-0
New Delhi: The All India Football Federation’s (AIFF) U-15 Kolkata Regional Academy defeated Mohun Bagan’s U-18 Goal Project Team 18-0 in a friendly played at the Pailan World School Campus.
AIFF boys led 9-0 at the half-time, scoring the remaining nine in the second half.
The thumping victory was the sixth consecutive victory for the Regional Academy boys, having earlier beaten Prayag United U-19, East Bengal U-19, Khidderpore FC Senior Team, Bidhanagar Academy and Uttarpara Academy boys.
The boys are presently preparing for international competitions, first of which is the U-16 SAFF Championship to be held in Nepal from July 20, and then the AFC U-16 Qualifiers.
Head coach Gautam Ghosh, nevertheless, wasn’t too euphoric about the result.
“It’s understandable it’s Mohun Bagan, that too, Mohun Bagan’s U-18 Goal Project Team who are understandably a very strong unit. I’m happy (about) the manner (in which) the boys played,” he said.
Jayananda Singh, who opened the floodgates as early as the second minute, scored three goals. Krishna Pandit scored four while Jerry Lalrinzuala, Prosenjit Chakraborty and Bodo Boardingdao scored a brace each. Edmund Lalrindika, Zonunamwaia, Md. Hasil, Amey and Aron scored one apiece to complete the rout.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?