AIFF U-15 beat U-18 Mohun Bagan 18-0
New Delhi: The All India Football Federation’s (AIFF) U-15 Kolkata Regional Academy defeated Mohun Bagan’s U-18 Goal Project Team 18-0 in a friendly played at the Pailan World School Campus.
AIFF boys led 9-0 at the half-time, scoring the remaining nine in the second half.
The thumping victory was the sixth consecutive victory for the Regional Academy boys, having earlier beaten Prayag United U-19, East Bengal U-19, Khidderpore FC Senior Team, Bidhanagar Academy and Uttarpara Academy boys.
The boys are presently preparing for international competitions, first of which is the U-16 SAFF Championship to be held in Nepal from July 20, and then the AFC U-16 Qualifiers.
Head coach Gautam Ghosh, nevertheless, wasn’t too euphoric about the result.
“It’s understandable it’s Mohun Bagan, that too, Mohun Bagan’s U-18 Goal Project Team who are understandably a very strong unit. I’m happy (about) the manner (in which) the boys played,” he said.
Jayananda Singh, who opened the floodgates as early as the second minute, scored three goals. Krishna Pandit scored four while Jerry Lalrinzuala, Prosenjit Chakraborty and Bodo Boardingdao scored a brace each. Edmund Lalrindika, Zonunamwaia, Md. Hasil, Amey and Aron scored one apiece to complete the rout.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- GSGMC demands to remove DU book's chapter calling Bhagat Singh a terrorist
- Bizarre selfie craze: 15-year-old boy shoots self in Pathankot, lands in hospital
- Quota stir in Gujarat phase-II: Hardik Patel's PAAS to begin 'lollipop Mahotsav' protest from today
- Real Estate Act, designed to protect consumer interest, comes into force from today
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video