Airport staff jostle for photo-opportunity with Messi
Kolkata: If the thousands delirious supporters who remained awake throughout the night and braved rains to catch a glimpse of their `God` Lionel Messi left home dejected, there were few, the airport and immigration staff, inside the airport who made the best use of the opportunity.
The executive director of CMG Bhaswar Goswami told reporters that Messi was made to stand in the immigration deliberately for long duration.
"It`s all their handiwork. He was made to stand at the immigration for quite a long time. They all wanted to have a share of Messi," Goswami said.
"Right from the immigration official to security personnel, everybody started posing with Messi. There were many others who were inside the airport to have a glimpse of Messi," Goswami said.
He said Messi was very cool and handled it nicely sporting a broad smile.
"When he came out of the flight, many almost fell over him. There were loud shouts of Messi, Messi. The excitement was everywhere."
After leading Barcelona`s 5-0 rout with a double strike against Villareal in a La Liga match Sunday midnight, Messi and his Mascherano were among the last batch of Argentines to join the squad.
Argentines will have their first official practice under Alejandro Sabella this evening. They will take on Venezuela in their FIFA international friendly against Venezuela on September 2 before flying to Dhaka for another outing against Nigeria (September 6).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli-Dhoni stand keeps India in hunt
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes