Ajax sign Utrecht defender Van der Hoorn
The Hague: Ajax Friday signed Dutchman Mike van der Hoorn from FC Utrecht on a four-year deal with an undisclosed fee.
Van der Hoorn, 20, is supposed to replace 24-year-old Belgian international Toby Alderweireld, who is expected to leave this summer, reports Xinhua.
The contract of Van der Hoorn at Utrecht ran out in 2016. The defender had his breakthrough last season. In total he played 44 Eredivisie matches and scored six goals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley