Al-Qaeda mag lists Premier League, FA Cup games, Savoy hotel as UK `terror targets`
London: A magazine published by a branch of the Al-Qaeda has reportedly listed Premier League and FA Cup matches and London`s iconic Savoy hotel as ideal targets for would-be terrorists and suicide bombers.
The twelfth issue of Inspire, a radical online magazine published by the global terror group in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP), provides a country-by-country list of terror targets and has urged supporters to inflict large casualties by targeting people rather than buildings.
According to the Daily Star, for the United Kingdom, the magazine suggests that events with live television coverage such as Premier League, FA Cup football matches and the famous Cheltenham festival are ideal targets and also describes in chilling details about potential attacks on the world famous Savoy hotel in central London.
The magazine also lists American cities including Washington DC, New York and Chicago and US military bases in Northern Virginia as preferable targets.
The report mentioned that the magazine, which can be downloaded from the internet, outlines how to build a deadly car-bomb from cooking gas cylinders, oxygen gas and a trigger and it advises bombers to avoid CCTV and to use disguises wherever possible.
The magazine, which regularly publishes a section called `Words of Wisdom` featuring quotes from Osama bin Laden, taunts the US about last year`s Boston Marathon bombings, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why