Al-Qaeda mag lists Premier League, FA Cup games, Savoy hotel as UK `terror targets`
London: A magazine published by a branch of the Al-Qaeda has reportedly listed Premier League and FA Cup matches and London`s iconic Savoy hotel as ideal targets for would-be terrorists and suicide bombers.
The twelfth issue of Inspire, a radical online magazine published by the global terror group in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP), provides a country-by-country list of terror targets and has urged supporters to inflict large casualties by targeting people rather than buildings.
According to the Daily Star, for the United Kingdom, the magazine suggests that events with live television coverage such as Premier League, FA Cup football matches and the famous Cheltenham festival are ideal targets and also describes in chilling details about potential attacks on the world famous Savoy hotel in central London.
The magazine also lists American cities including Washington DC, New York and Chicago and US military bases in Northern Virginia as preferable targets.
The report mentioned that the magazine, which can be downloaded from the internet, outlines how to build a deadly car-bomb from cooking gas cylinders, oxygen gas and a trigger and it advises bombers to avoid CCTV and to use disguises wherever possible.
The magazine, which regularly publishes a section called `Words of Wisdom` featuring quotes from Osama bin Laden, taunts the US about last year`s Boston Marathon bombings, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident