Alcantara set to join Bayern Munich
Madrid: Highly rated Barcelona midfielder Thiago Alcantara, in a snub to Manchester United, is set to join former manager Pep Guardiola at Bayern Munich.
The English champions seemed to be the destination of choice for the 22-year-old Spaniard, who has been left frustrated after minimal playing time in Barca.
However, Alcantara could join Bayern, the European Champions, as early as Thursday, reports Spanish media.
Though, it will not be all plain sailing for the Barca youngster as Bayern already have Tony Kroos and bought Mario Gotze from German rivals Borussia Dortmund in record breaking domestic transfer.
Besides, fighting for a place against Kroos and Gotze, Bayern also have Javi Martinez, one of the key members of the team that beat Dortmund in the Champions League final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read