Alcantara set to join Bayern Munich
Madrid: Highly rated Barcelona midfielder Thiago Alcantara, in a snub to Manchester United, is set to join former manager Pep Guardiola at Bayern Munich.
The English champions seemed to be the destination of choice for the 22-year-old Spaniard, who has been left frustrated after minimal playing time in Barca.
However, Alcantara could join Bayern, the European Champions, as early as Thursday, reports Spanish media.
Though, it will not be all plain sailing for the Barca youngster as Bayern already have Tony Kroos and bought Mario Gotze from German rivals Borussia Dortmund in record breaking domestic transfer.
Besides, fighting for a place against Kroos and Gotze, Bayern also have Javi Martinez, one of the key members of the team that beat Dortmund in the Champions League final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case