Alcantara set to join Bayern Munich
Madrid: Highly rated Barcelona midfielder Thiago Alcantara, in a snub to Manchester United, is set to join former manager Pep Guardiola at Bayern Munich.
The English champions seemed to be the destination of choice for the 22-year-old Spaniard, who has been left frustrated after minimal playing time in Barca.
However, Alcantara could join Bayern, the European Champions, as early as Thursday, reports Spanish media.
Though, it will not be all plain sailing for the Barca youngster as Bayern already have Tony Kroos and bought Mario Gotze from German rivals Borussia Dortmund in record breaking domestic transfer.
Besides, fighting for a place against Kroos and Gotze, Bayern also have Javi Martinez, one of the key members of the team that beat Dortmund in the Champions League final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional