Alex and Nicolas Anelka hand in transfer requests
London: Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas has confirmed that the club has accepted transfer requests from Alex and Nicolas Anelka.
Villas-Boas has not handed the pair many first-team opportunities this season.
“The conversation was fair and very, very frontal and direct with the players. The players have shown their interest in leaving the club, they have put in transfer requests for quite some time,” a leading daily quoted Villas-Boas, as saying.
“They are top, top professionals - their professionalism and integrity is never in question, but at this moment and with the recent from and results, we have decided just to try to get the group together, and we have decided to assign different training times for Anelka and Alex.”
“Again, it was a frontal and direct conversation, the players were fantastic in assuming it. The group was informed and they took on board the decision. The transfer request was accepted — it doesn’t mean that it will happen, and if it doesn’t happen, the players will return to full training,” he added.
Villas-Boas confirmed the news after the club’s Premier League win against Newcastle United on Sunday, which Alex and Nicolas both missed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley