Alex Ferguson wants Guardiola to replace him at Old Trafford: Reports
Zeenews Sports Bureau
London: Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson is reportedly inclined towards the prospect of appointing Pep Guardiola as his successor of the Premier League club.
A website reported on Tuesday that the management and the owners of the club are also interested in handing the reins of the club to the former Barcelona manager after Ferguson’s retirement.
"We have a view as to what type of manager we want and how and when we`ll go about it. But it`s in the drawer and long may it stay in the drawer," the club`s vice-chairman Ed Woodward was quoted as saying by ESPN.
The owners have reportedly met with Guardiola to discuss the future but a source from the club termed the meeting as ‘informal’.
Guardiola, who left Barca after spending four years with the club, is currently one of the most sought after managers and the Spaniard still is considering which one to make his new home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing