Alexandre Pato scores in Corinthians` 2-1 win
Sao Paulo: Alexandre Pato converted an 82nd-minute penalty to hand Corinthians a 2-1 victory over rivals Sao Paulo in Brazil`s Campeonato Paulista football.
Pato, introduced as a second-half substitute Sunday after recovering from a thigh injury, converted the spot kick after being brought down by veteran goalkeeper Rogerio Ceni.
"I have to make the most of my time on the pitch and today I was able to do that by coming on and and scoring," Pato said after the match.
The goal was Pato`s fifth since his 15-million-euro move to Corinthians from AC Milan in January.
Corinthians will now shift their focus to Wednesday`s Copa Libertadores clash against Colombia`s Millonarios in Bogota.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'