Alexandre Pato scores in Corinthians` 2-1 win
Sao Paulo: Alexandre Pato converted an 82nd-minute penalty to hand Corinthians a 2-1 victory over rivals Sao Paulo in Brazil`s Campeonato Paulista football.
Pato, introduced as a second-half substitute Sunday after recovering from a thigh injury, converted the spot kick after being brought down by veteran goalkeeper Rogerio Ceni.
"I have to make the most of my time on the pitch and today I was able to do that by coming on and and scoring," Pato said after the match.
The goal was Pato`s fifth since his 15-million-euro move to Corinthians from AC Milan in January.
Corinthians will now shift their focus to Wednesday`s Copa Libertadores clash against Colombia`s Millonarios in Bogota.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says