Alexandre Pato scores in Corinthians` 2-1 win
Sao Paulo: Alexandre Pato converted an 82nd-minute penalty to hand Corinthians a 2-1 victory over rivals Sao Paulo in Brazil`s Campeonato Paulista football.
Pato, introduced as a second-half substitute Sunday after recovering from a thigh injury, converted the spot kick after being brought down by veteran goalkeeper Rogerio Ceni.
"I have to make the most of my time on the pitch and today I was able to do that by coming on and and scoring," Pato said after the match.
The goal was Pato`s fifth since his 15-million-euro move to Corinthians from AC Milan in January.
Corinthians will now shift their focus to Wednesday`s Copa Libertadores clash against Colombia`s Millonarios in Bogota.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed