Alexandre Pato scores in Corinthians` 2-1 win
Sao Paulo: Alexandre Pato converted an 82nd-minute penalty to hand Corinthians a 2-1 victory over rivals Sao Paulo in Brazil`s Campeonato Paulista football.
Pato, introduced as a second-half substitute Sunday after recovering from a thigh injury, converted the spot kick after being brought down by veteran goalkeeper Rogerio Ceni.
"I have to make the most of my time on the pitch and today I was able to do that by coming on and and scoring," Pato said after the match.
The goal was Pato`s fifth since his 15-million-euro move to Corinthians from AC Milan in January.
Corinthians will now shift their focus to Wednesday`s Copa Libertadores clash against Colombia`s Millonarios in Bogota.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog