Alexandre Pato scores in Corinthians debut
Sao Paulo: Former AC Milan striker Alexandre Pato scored his first goal since his 15 million-euro move to Corinthians as the reigning FIFA Club World Cup champions defeated Oeste 5-0 in the Campeonato Paulista.
Pato struck two minutes after being introduced in the 71st minute when he drilled a left-footed shot into the bottom corner after goalkeeper Danilo Fernandes palmed away his first attempt Sunday night.
Peru striker Paolo Guerrero netted twice for Corinthians while Brazil midfielder Paulinho and Danilo were also on the scoresheet at the Pacaembu Stadium.
"I always seem to have good fortune when playing my first match for a new team," said Pato, who also scored in his debuts for AC Milan and Brazil.
"It was a good start but I can improve. It`s been almost 70 days since I last played. My aim now is to get as fit as possible and play even better than I did today."
Pato joined Corinthians last month following a sequence of injuries that restricted him to just 25 matches in the past two years.
He admitted to being nervous before Sunday`s match but said the Corinthians fans helped him feel quickly at east.
"It`s amazing to play in front of these supporters. They chanted my name and made me feel comfortable."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman