Alexandre Song is not even among the best players in Cameroon: Samuel Eto`o
Cameroon striker Samuel Eto`o has lashed out at compatriot Alexandre Song by claiming that he is not a worldwide star.
The 31-year-old forward, who now plies his trade in Russia for Anzhi Makhachkala, has endured an uneasy relationship with the Barcelona midfielder ever since Song refused to shake his hand in an African Cup of Nations qualifier against Senegal last year.
In an interview with Canal+, Eto`o insists that their rivalry is still as fierce as ever and laid down the gauntlet to Song.
When asked whether there was a dispute "between the two stars", the former Inter attacker responded by saying: "There is no conflict between two stars. Because I am one of the best players in the world, and Song is not even among the best players in Cameroon."
The players appeared to have made peace before the African Cup of Nations qualifier against Cape Verde but Eto`o is adamant that there has been no major reconciliation.
Reports suggest that Song had tried to steal the national captaincy from the striker, who was exiled for eight months after sparking a player`s strike over wage demands.
Eto`o, the four-time African Player of the Year, is the all-time leading goalscorer in the Africa Cup of Nations with 18 goals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof