Allegri: AC Milan need to improve defense
Milan: AC Milan head coach Massimiliano Allegri said Friday that his side needs to beef up its defense if they want to improve their ranking of the Serie A.
The Milan side repeated what they did last season as they made a stuttered to collect eight points from seven games, and Allegri conceded that his team had some defending problems.
"To comeback as we did last year is not impossible," he said. "But if we have conceded 13 goals, that means we must have made some mistakes. It is hard to win games when you concede an average of two goals every game."
"We have to remove those mistakes that are hurting us," he said.
Milan will host Udinese at home Saturday night in game Allegri hoped his players could play well.
"It will not be easy against Udinese as they are a team who make you play badly, and they have Antonio Di Natale, a player who is always dangerous," he said.
"We`ll certainly play a good game, even if we`ll perhaps need some luck," he said.
Star striker Mario Balotelli will have to sit out the tie as he picked up a thigh problem on his return from international duty.
"After his three-game ban, it is disappointing that we will have to do without him. The doctors will decide what to do with him on Monday and we`ll see if he will be available for Tuesday` s game against Barcelona," Allegri said.
He disclosed that Kaka could play against Udinese, but not for the whole game.
"Kaka is at my disposal, but he will only have 30 minutes in his legs," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city